I started Year 2013 on a bad note. I struggled the first few months but learned to moved on. I learned to accept that somethings and some people never really stays for good. And sometimes they leave taking something away from you and yet you learn to accept this too. I learned the hard way in 2013. The trust quotient and self-esteem has gotten into its super low, I made bad decisions at work, even snapped at few people. I was mean the whole time, hate and anger ruled my heart.
This made up my first half. But I got tired. The negativity sucked my whole being.
And I decided to let go.
Friends and family helped me through. Writing and this blog was my voice to all what’s inside me. It was hard to get back but since I know that no one will help me but myself and I realized that I owe it to friends and family especially the sisters who’ve been helping me through, I snapped back.
And so I look forward to 2014. With a little bit of fear to make it exciting, with some smile to brighten each day, with a whole lot of hope and faith to carry me through, with much gratitude for all things I now have and for the things that will be. With a little love to put sunshine on my days, maybe some good sunsets to appreciate life more.
So for 2014, I made my list. May your 2014 be as prosperous!
1. Choose well.
2. Forget the past but not its lessons. And sometimes, it’s okay to look back just to check how far you already have come.
3. Be kind to everyone. Be kinder to yourself.
4. Got this from one of my readings : Be okay with giving the gift of your absence to those who do not appreciate and respect your presence.
5. Read more. Write more!
6. Exercise more. Eat well.
7. Travel to new places – Bali, Batanes, Paris, South Korea, Coron.
8. Travel alone.
9. Peace of mind and of heart. Happiness in all its form. Love in all areas.
10. More blessings to share.
11. Be a blessing to others.
12. Be grateful. See the positives in the negatives.
13. Learn to forgive others. Learn to forgive oneself too.
14. Work hard. Invest smart.
15. Let go of the small stuff.
16. Believe that the universe is limitless. So ask for anything and everything.
17. Pray more. Meditate.
18. Coffee and friends are always a good combination. Give time for both.
19. Sometimes it’s okay to put up walls. To know who cares enough to knock them down.
20. Smile. For every reason. Especially when there’s no reason.
21. Appreciate the little and simple things.
22. Time, patience and faith. Believe in them.
23. Believe that God has a way of doing things – in His own way and and in His own time. Trust Him even if sometimes in your terms, it’s unfair and unreasonable.
24. Love oneself. You’ll never go wrong.